I love country music! And I have some hot takes to share on the current state of my favorite music genre…
1. I need old Luke Bryan back. His first album was amazing! It was so good it made me fall in love with him. His new songs are about lighting up cell phones and how people are good, and they’re lame. Bring back old Luke!
2. “Take a Drunk Girl Home” is the worst song on the radio right now. In any genre. When he says Pick up her life she threw on the floor, I get so annoyed. Just because a girl is out getting drunk, doesn’t mean she threw her life on the floor. Another set of lyrics say:
She’s bouncing like a pinball
Singing every word she never knew
Dancing with her eyes closed like she’s the only one in the room
That sounds like a great night to me, and if you tried to stop me and take me home, I’d be so pissed. I wish the song was called “Leave a Drunk Girl Alone.”
3. Jake Owen is really underrated and needs to be played more. In my opinion, he’s better than Keith Urban, Thomas Rhett and Sam Hunt. At Country Fest this summer, Brantley Gilbert is headlining, but Jake Owen is an opener. I don’t get it. Also, have I mentioned he’s super hot?
4. The Kane Brown song “Heaven” is stupid. I’ve never heard someone “talk about heaven like they just can’t wait to go.” And the worst part is that it’s super catchy so I get it stuck in my head.
5. Carrie Underwood’s face looks the same, and they made way too big of a deal about it on the ACM Awards last month. She’s flawless and beautiful, and it feels super awkward that they keep talking about how brave she is for showing her face.
I’m really sassy about everything in those first five hot takes. So here are some positive takes 🙂
6.The new Dierk’s song on the radio makes me feel all the happiness.
7. Kelsea Ballerini’s new song, I hate love songs, is so good. I haven’t been a huge fan of hers since she started, but I’m liking her more and more after every song she puts out. She’s also adorable.
8. Keith Urban’s song “Wasted Time” is like a year old but still makes me want to party the second it comes on the radio.
So do you agree with me? Disagree? Have any other hot takes you want to share?