This weekend is supposed to be absolutely freezing — just one of the many perks living in Minneapolis. But heaven forbid winter turn me in to a hobbit. And I would hate for that to happen to you, so here are some tips to help you make it out to the bars, even though the sub-zero temps may try to hold you back.
- Rule #1 – Pregame. Your alcohol blanket will become your best friend when venturing out for the night. Well, unless it backfires and you end up puking in an alley somewhere (not that I’m speaking from experience…) So be careful with this one, you don’t want to cross that fine line.
- Ignore the haters – wear Uggs. You will be thankful for this outdated fashion statement when your feet are toasty and you aren’t struggling to make it across the icy/slushy/wintry streets in heels.
- Have a cab driver’s personal number. Waiting outside in the cold trying to catch a cab at the end of the night is the worst. Have his number, call or text him as you begin rounding up the troops, give him your location and he’ll be waiting outside with a warm car. There is nothing better than that at the end of a good night out. Well that and Taco Bell of course.
- Don’t bring gloves or mittens, you’ll just end up loosing one of them. It’s one of life’s cruel jokes. Instead, have strategically placed hand warmers you can use when outside and stash away when you get into the bar. And if you lose one – they are totally disposable so no worries! TIP: Open the hand warmers when you start pre-gaming. That way they’ll be nice and hot for you when you are ready to leave and need them the most.
- Wear a cute scarf and/or hat. Lucky for you, scarves and hats done well never go out of style. If you can pull them off, definitely incorporate one or both of them into your outfit for the night. You won’t regret it…
- But you will regret the mini skirt. STAY AWAY FROM THAT. Please. Want me to judge you at the bar? That’s how. Seriously, no one likes the girl in the skimpy party dress at the bar in the middle of winter. Who are you trying to impress?