If you’re in a relationship, there are a lot of things to keep in mind about a Valentine’s Day. So here are my 10 rules for a successful Valentine’s Day for the girl in a relationship.
1. You will post photos of flowers on Instagram, and people will hate you. If you want to avoid being judged, don’t post a photo of flowers. People will just assume you got flowers like they did for the hundreds of years before Instagram and Facebook existed.
2. DO NOT set up your girlfriends on dates for Valentine’s Day! Are you serious? Talk about pressure.
3. Shave your legs, girlfriend. I know it’s the winter, but c’mon.
4. Send cards to your friends! Remember when you did that in elementary school? Everyone loved it then. They’ll love it now.
5. Wear a cute, Valentine’s Day-themed outfit covered in hearts because – let’s be honest – what girl doesn’t love pink and sparkly?
6. Cheesecake. Make something for your fave guy that you know he loves. Guys love sweets, too!
7. Buy a new dress. Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to buy a new dress. Want to be a great girlfriend and best friend? Take your best friend with you and both buy a new, fun dress.
8. Make reservations early.
9. Ignore Rom-Coms. It’ll only get you in a fight with your boyfriend.
10. Don’t stay up to late. Let’s be honest. It’s only a Thursday…
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
One thought on “A Girlfriend’s Guide to Valentine’s Day”
Comments on the suggestions above:
1. I defiantly am that girl and hopefully will be.
3. Ugh, do I have to?
7. LOVE this idea. Who wants to go shopping?
10. Duh… We’ll be in bed before most couples are eating dinner.
Love the post ladies! CHEERS!
Also, can you make an Instagram account?