Ok – I don’t know if it’s just me, but winter is really cramping my style this year. I feel like I’m in a funk because of this cold, shitty weather. To get out of the funk and celebrate the first day of spring, I am writing a Springtime bucket list…
1. Plan a trip – I have to get out of Minnesota. I don’t care if the trip isn’t until this fall, I need to have a trip to look forward to this year.
2. Finish my Apartment – I have lived in an apartment since October that still has boxes laying around and framed photos on the floor waiting to be hung up. The apartment has to be completely put together this spring.
3. Enjoy an Outdoor Concert – So this is cheating because I already have tickets to see Kenny Chesney & Eric Church at Miller Park, but I still think it’s a good bucket list item.
4. Finish All My Scrapbooks – Apparently I’m 80 years old and I love to scrapbook. I have about 4 scrapbooks that are missing 2-3 pages. These need to be finished by summer.
6. Participate in One Sunday-Funday Beach Day – My favorite part of college was going to Lake Calhoun in the summer on Sunday and just drinking and playing games. I’ve missed that! So – if weather permits – this needs to happen.
7. Go See a Drive-In Movie – I’ve always wanted to go to a drive-in movie. This could be my year, guys.
8. Host a Dinner Party – I love to cook. I cook for my friends all the time, but sometimes it’s fun to get fancy.
9. Go on a Day Long Bike Trip – I’ve been going to cycling class fairly regularly for the past six months. Hopefully I’ll be ready for a day long bike trip by the time it’s nicer outside!
10. Run a 5k – I know. I know. It sounds really lame, but I hate to run. I’ve done three 5ks, but always had to walk after like two miles. Before summer, I will run all 3.1 miles!
First day of summer is June 21, so check back with me at that time…