Whether you had too many cocktails at a happy hour, your child won’t sleep for more than two hours at a time or you stayed up too late binge watching your latest Netflix obsession, waking up and looking exhausted is the worst.
Here are some ways to try and hide the tired-eyes look:
- Coffee. Obviously.
- Water, too. Try drinking a huge glass of water right when you get up. I’ve gotten this advice in the past, and always thought it was bullshit. Well, it’s not. I try to have a big glass of water every morning before doing anything else, and it actually helps.
- Shop for a great eye cream: Origins Eye Cream is my favorite. Origins products show up multiple times on this list because they are the best! I use this eye cream every day and love it.
- Find a good moisturizer that works for your skin type: Like Origins Ginzing Energy-Boosting Gel Moisturizer. I’m obsessed. My face can get greasy, and I love this because it moisturizes without causing the oily look.
- MASCARA! Buxom mascara is my new favorite mascara. It’s really light so it doesn’t weigh down your eyelids when you’re already exhausted.
- Color correctors are your friend. I’ve developed some pretty nasty under-eye circle after having a baby. I love the coverfx yellow color corrector for under my eyes.
- Find time to pamper yourself with a clay mask. Origins Original Skin™ Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay is my favorite. I try to use this at least once a week. It keeps skin looking smooth and youthful looking! Side note: My skin isn’t looking so smooth and youthful lately since I’ve been using it more like once a month instead of once a week…
- Only have a couple minutes for makeup because you snoozed a few too many times? Try a colorful lipstick to distract from your trouble spots caused by a lack of zzzs.
What are your tips and tricks for looking alive when you’d rather be snuggled up in bed?