Last week Thursday, my little sister finally turned the big 2-1. This is the day that she has been not-so-patiently waiting for since the majority of her friends have been frequenting bars for months (…or years).
After frantically booking a party bus, coordinating sleeping arrangements for the 800 people coming into town to celebrate the big day, making dinner/brunch reservations and attempting to clean my apartment, I realized I hadn’t even gotten her a birthday gift. As always, Pinterest saved the day. Searching “Gifts for a 21st Birthday” resulted in a number of fantastic ideas, my favorite being the Booze Bouquet (see below).
Even the most artistically-challenged person can quickly put together the Booze Bouquet following these quick & easy steps:
- Purchase 10-20 mini bottles of booze. It’s fun to pick a variety because – in theory – the person just turning 21 doesn’t have a lot of experience trying out different types of alcohol.
- Then go to your local craft store – I went to Michael’s – and purchase a flower pot, green Styrofoam, tissue paper and wooden sticks (I found them in the kids’ craft section).
- Put tissue paper in the flower pot and place the green Styrofoam on top of it so the tissue paper sticks out.
- Tape the mini bottles to the sticks. Use clear tape and wrap all the way around the mini-bottles if they won’t stay.
- Stick the mini bottles into the green foam and you’re done!
If I wouldn’t have thought of this at the very last minute, I probably would have taken the time to write out “Happy 21st Birthday!” on the pot, added green tissue paper to cover up the styrofoam, put a couple shot glasses in the bottom of the pot and maybe add some other fun goodies on sticks like a couple chocolate bars.
There you have it. A quick & easy 21st Birthday gift the birthday girl – or guy – is sure to love. Moll sure did…