WOOHOO!!! It’s finally here: Football Season!
The best part of football season, besides seeing the Packers kick ass, is tailgating. Since we’re from Wisconsin, we’ve been tailgating since birth so we’re pretty much professionals. Here are some tips and tricks for tailgating:
- Plan ahead: Don’t forget charcoal, ice (depending on the temperature outside), water bottles, music or a lighter. While tailgating this spring, we forgot a cooler and ice, which resulted in this…
- Chairs!: We could have easily put this in the above category, but we forget it so often that it deserves its own category. DO NOT FORGET CHAIRS. We looked like fools…
- Bring Drinking Games: Drinking games make everything more fun. At the very least, bring along a deck of cards. My favorite tailgating game is definitely bags. Having a bags game set up is probably the best way to make friends at the tailgate lot.
- Show Up Early: I’m not sure about anywhere else in the country, but you need to show up early if you’re going to Lambeau Field. We always score a spot in the Kmart parking lot because it’s the best. Quick tip: Don’t drunk shop in Kmart. I have a variety of Packer Swag that was purchased after tipping back a few too many.
- Dress for the Occasion: This tip is two-fold. If you’re tailgating in December, wear layers! Ladies, don’t be “that girl” who wears just leggings, Uggs and a Jersey. You will freeze and be judged. And dress up in your favorite team gear! This means cheese heads, jerseys, earrings, gloves, jackets, pants, etc. If you have it, wear it.
- Food!: Do not just drink and skip food – you will regret it. Plus tailgating food is delicious. Bring along a grill and cook up some hotdogs, brats and burgers. Remember chips, dip and condiments, too. If you’re fancy, try cooking chicken wings or soup a head and warm them up on the grill.
Any other tailgating tips we missed?