Vodka diet coke has been my favorite drink since I started drinking. It’s so easy and delicious. However, everyone likes to try out something new every once & awhile.
My new favorite drink: vodka water.
Well not just vodka water, but vodka + water + a squirt of MiO water flavoring
Why I love this drink:
- Water – Since the drink is mostly water, you don’t get as dehydrated when drinking it. It’s the perfect drink for a day-party.
- Delicious – It’s so good. So far I’ve had strawberry and mango, and both are really yummy.
- Choices – You can change the flavor of a regular drink by adding lemons or limes, but this drink really gives you options.
- Low Cal – There are zero cals in MiO and water, so the only cals you’re drinking is from the Vodka.
- Gut Rot-Free – After a day of drinking something delicious and fruity like a strawberry daiquiri or cosmo, you probably get a bit of a tummy ache. That totally doesn’t happen with this drink! So awesome.
So try it out! You’ll love it.
WOOHOO!!! It’s finally here: Football Season!
The best part of football season, besides seeing the Packers kick ass, is tailgating. Since we’re from Wisconsin, we’ve been tailgating since birth so we’re pretty much professionals. Here are some tips and tricks for tailgating:
- Plan ahead: Don’t forget charcoal, ice (depending on the temperature outside), water bottles, music or a lighter. While tailgating this spring, we forgot a cooler and ice, which resulted in this…
- Chairs!: We could have easily put this in the above category, but we forget it so often that it deserves its own category. DO NOT FORGET CHAIRS. We looked like fools…
- Bring Drinking Games: Drinking games make everything more fun. At the very least, bring along a deck of cards. My favorite tailgating game is definitely bags. Having a bags game set up is probably the best way to make friends at the tailgate lot.
- Show Up Early: I’m not sure about anywhere else in the country, but you need to show up early if you’re going to Lambeau Field. We always score a spot in the Kmart parking lot because it’s the best. Quick tip: Don’t drunk shop in Kmart. I have a variety of Packer Swag that was purchased after tipping back a few too many.
- Dress for the Occasion: This tip is two-fold. If you’re tailgating in December, wear layers! Ladies, don’t be “that girl” who wears just leggings, Uggs and a Jersey. You will freeze and be judged. And dress up in your favorite team gear! This means cheese heads, jerseys, earrings, gloves, jackets, pants, etc. If you have it, wear it.
- Food!: Do not just drink and skip food – you will regret it. Plus tailgating food is delicious. Bring along a grill and cook up some hotdogs, brats and burgers. Remember chips, dip and condiments, too. If you’re fancy, try cooking chicken wings or soup a head and warm them up on the grill.
Any other tailgating tips we missed?
Every summer I commit to going camping. I don’t camp. I don’t like bugs, no electricity, no showers/bathrooms and sleeping on the ground. So why do I always agree to go camping? I love drinking outdoors with my friends… but I would just prefer sleeping in my own bed or at a hotel instead of on the ground with the bugs. Gross.
So if you end up submitting yourself to a weekend of outdoor “fun”, here are camping tips for the girl who doesn’t camp:
- Alcohol. Just make sure that there’s lots of it and start drinking early in the day. This makes sleeping on the ground a lot easier.
- Shower as late as possible before you leave. I’d rather stay dirty than shower in a campsite bathroom. If you’re leaving to go camping right after work, take a long lunch and go home and shower at noon.
- Must-Pack Items: Hair ties, tooth brush, facial pads, sunscreen, bug spray (lots of it), swim suit, flashlight, toilet paper, towel. Tip: “forget” tennis shoes so it’s easy to sit out during physical activities.
- Check the Weather & Pack Accordingly. If it’s supposed to be above 90, below 50 or storming, just bail.
- Bring Water. Keep hydrated if you’re drinking all day outside in the heat.
- If you’re tent is big enough, Use an Air Mattress. Doesn’t make sleeping on the ground completely better, but it helps.
- Go With a Camp Fire Expert. If you have to be outdoors for large amounts of time like this, make sure someone can build a fire. A campfire is a nice way to trick yourself into thinking your warm and toasty inside your living room. Bonus, fire helps cook a lot of delicious food.
- Pack Comfort Food. When you’re sitting drunk by the fire getting bitten up by bugs, chomping on your favorite bag of BBQ chips, goldfish or cookies will make you feel better about the current situation.
- Forget about Looking Good. Don’t bring make-up or any nice clothing you wouldn’t want to get all smokey, sweaty and dirty. It’s just not worth it.
- BRING S’MORES FIXIN’S. Nom.
Any tips you’d like to share with me so I survive camping weekends?
A combination of my sister turning 21 and the fact that it’s summer, which means it’s always time for excessive drinking, have added up to making me act like a 21-year-old one too many times in the past couple weeks. Therefore, I have mastered how to drink like a 21-year-old:
Step #1: Be sure to have a variety of different alcohols to drink throughout the night. Pick up some cider, beer and wine. Don’t worry, we’ll get to the hard stuff later…
Step #2: Chug something before going out to the bars. Chug Anything. I usually choose something inappropriate like red wine. Bonus points if it spills all over you.
Step #3: After drinking all your beer & wine, it’s obviously time to go out in public and drink hard liquor. By this time, you’ll probably be stumbling around like a complete idiot.
Step #4: Once you’re drunk and should probably stop drinking, don’t. Start buying shots. Buy them for everyone. You don’t have any money in your bank account? Who cares!
Step #5: Dance. Dance anywhere whether or not it has a dance floor. And don’t stop dancing until 2 a.m. unless it’s to take shots.
Step #6: Find something delicious to eat like Mickey D’s or T. Bell and eat WAAAAY too much of it.
Step #7: Pass out.
Ugh. What a mess.
Seriously… don’t do this.
Looked outside my window this morning and decided a “Part 2” was necessary….
1. Screaming animals are hilarious.
2. My favorite article on Buzzfeed is 35 Reasons to Have Children. It’s the best. Read it and you will burst out laughing.
3. Feel good story: Many husbands send roses to their wives on special occasions, but one Army officer went a step further by enlisting more than a dozen strangers to help deliver his bouquet.
On his flight home from Afghanistan a week after his 20th anniversary, Scott Hinson enlisted 19 fellow passengers to give his wife a rose as they got off the plane.
Her husband delivered the 20th rose.
4. I challenge you to look at this without smiling…
5.I know that this video is about 50 years old, but I can’t watch it without smiling at least a little bit.
6. Happy Thought: Snow is a great excuse to curl up on the couch in sweatpants and eat a whole bunch of comfort food – just because! You won’t have this opportunity (without feeling guilty) for at least a couple months…
7. Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds are still together. Is it just me or is that super exciting because I expected their relationship to last 5 minutes. I hope they have a baby soon…
8. DISNEY MUSIC!
9. Actresses Without Teeth.
10. Lastly, follow this Twitter account: @GhettoHikes
What are you going to do today to make yourself laugh?
Snow got you down? Here are some things that should make you smile…
1. Watch this video. Thanks for sharing, Nicole.
2. Look at Ryan Gosling.
3. It’s a proven fact that it’s impossible not to smile while looking at Donald Driver’s smile.
4. An Argentinian man who thought he bought a pair of poodles at an outdoor market in Buenos Aires brought them home to the vet only to be told they were actually ferrets on steroids. The veterinarian informed him the ferrets “had been given steroids at birth to increase their size and then had some extra grooming to make their coats resemble a fluffy toy poodle,” the paper says, translating a report from a local Argentinian TV station. He paid $150 per poodle. That could be you, but it’s not.
5. Read the comments in this recipe for ice.
6. Not only the thought of Blake Shelton singing at Kelly Clarkson’s wedding, but now that he’s actually officiating the entire thing.
7. At least you’re not this girl…
8. Look at the website Parents Shouldn’t Text.
9. There is a social network just for cats called Catmoji. “Catmoji is the best place for cat lovers to meow, share and discover cat pictures and videos.”
10. The Chickeneers’ All-Clucking Version Of “Ho Hey”
If those aren’t enough reasons to smile and be happy, here is a list of health benefits of smiling.
So hopefully you have some reason to be happy now! Have a fabulous day, friends 🙂
Going out for sushi is super trendy! And you don’t want to be left out, you guys. If you don’t like fish or have never tried it before, sushi can be a little intimidating. But no worries! The girls at Awkward Vodka have come to the rescue. Here are the basics you should know about the fishy food and some tips & tricks for fooling people into thinking you’re a sushi lover.
1. Tempura: Means fried! If you like unhealthy, fried goodness, order anything with the word tempura in it.
2. California Roll: Delicious avocado, cucumber and imitation crab. IMITATION! Not real! Eat it.
3. Philly: When they say Philly, they mean cream cheese. Can you say “Yummy”?!? If you love cream cheese, it doesn’t matter if it’s mixed in with salmon or eel, you’ll love it.
4. When in doubt, order the veggie roll. You won’t have to deal with any disgusting fish. Everyone wins.
Side Note: If you like things hot and spicy, order any type of sushi and top it off with the green paste that comes served on the side (it’s called wasabi and it’s a lifesaver). You won’t be able to taste anything besides the horseradishy/hot mustard spice so you’re safe. And an added bonus – if you do this while battling a cold, like most of us are this time of year, your sinuses and tear ducts will most definitely be clear by the time you finish just three wasabi-loaded pieces.
There you have it folks, fake it ’til you make it! You don’t even have to use chopsticks. People will think you’re a pro.