In the Twin Cities, there are hundreds of options for happy hour. If you’re anything like us, you’ve had to answer the tough question: Where do you want to go to happy hour?
Easy answer: Check on thrifty hipster. The awesome website, turned iPhone app, uses your location and the time to give you a list of potential happy hour locations with the best deals.
Based on my location today, I’m given a list of great bars and restaurants nearby that have happy hour deals going on. All these bars – Wakame Sushi, Burger Jones, Toby Keith’s and Cooper’s – are great, and I’m sure I – and my wallet – would be happy going to any of them.
In addition, there is a tab for Taxis & Rides so, when you drink too much at happy hour, you have a handy list of available rides home so you’re not stranded or – more importantly – don’t be a dumb ass and drink and drive.
Note: don’t leave your wallet or purse in the cab. It’s a pain to get a new license, cancel credit cards, get new credits cards and get your pride back.
So download this app today! You won’t regret it.
Anyone else have a collection of really random photos on their phone, but you can’t bring yourself to delete them?
Here are some of mine…
1. This picture doesn’t even look good. However, I’m saving the photo so I can savor the memory of how delicious this yummy app tasted. If you ever find yourself in Scottsdale, do yourself a favor and go to Culinary Dropout and order the pretzels & cheese fondue!
2. I take photos of dresses that cost more than $30 and send them to my mom or sister asking if they like it before I buy it. Do I check with them before I rack up a $50 bar tab on a Saturday night? Of course not. It doesn’t make sense, but I do it. Please ignore the stupid look on my face and my white, white legs – a spray tan is super necessary before I wear this dress in public.
3. White Eagle Vodka is disgusting. Never buy it. So how did I end up with a bottle of this disgusting liquor? By winning a bet about The Voice and correctly predicting that my girl Cassadee would win! Lesson to you all: Any free booze tastes better than paid-for booze.
4. Salem, my sister’s cat, hates car rides! Hates. Hates. Hates. She turns completely demonic when you put her in any vehicle. You can see the lasers coming out of her eyes in this photo, and it’s hilarious. Pretty sure she’s only cuddling up to the bf because he’s wearing black and looks like he could be her mama.
5. Took a screen grab of our blog stats to send to the other girls because we officially went international with a view from the UK a couple weeks ago – woohoo!
6. Selfie with a Care Bear. At the Bar. Definitely a low-point in my life.
7. Who isn’t a little bit happier after seeing this creepy photo? Why haven’t I deleted this…