Everyone likes “What Should We Call Me,” “How Do I Put This Gently” and “My Friends Are Married,” but our new favorite Tumblr is OldLoves.tumblr.com.
We’ve learned three things from Old Loves:
- We will never been as cool in 2013 as people were in the 60s, 70s, 80s and even 90s.
- There are a bunch of couples from the past that we completely forgot were ever together.
- Everyone looks cooler in black and white.
Remember when these people were together?
You will never look as cool as these couples…
Check out this site! It’s awesome, hilarious and makes your life feel super inadequate…
I have a lot of friends who have turned 25 and feel super old. Now I did have a minor quarter life crisis – of course – but I love 25. And here’s why…
1. I can be selfish – with my time and with my money. No kids, spouses or in-laws to take care of. Spending $50 at happy hour and stumbling home at midnight on a Wednesday? Why not!
2. I can still go to college bars. Disagree? Fine. I won’t invite you to come out with me. There are plenty of 25-year-old grad students who always go out to college bars so leave me alone to my cheap drinks and kids with fake IDs.
3. I can spend an entire Saturday catching up on TV shows because I don’t have any other commitments that aren’t bail-able.
4. I sleep fairly well. No worries about the kids running around or babies screaming or aches and pains (usually).
5. It sounds mature (spoiler: it’s not that mature). Saying I’m 25 is one of the only things I can do that makes me sound really grown up.
6. There are a lot of really fun blog posts all over the internet about 20-somethings. Gotta love reading about myself. I’m so scared to hit 30. There aren’t any fun blog posts about 30-somethings…
7. It may not be ok to get crazy, embarrassingly drunk, but, when you do, you can hide really easily. You don’t have a ton of roommates or live in the dorms AND you don’t have a spouse and kids running around to take care of all day. You can just turn off all the lights and watch TV while trying to forget you acted like a 21-year-old the previous night.
8. You don’t have kids yet – blah. scary. gross – but 25 is old enough to have at least one friend with a baby for you to play with.
9. Friends are getting married = Bachelorette parties are awesome.
10. It’s still – kind of – socially acceptable for your parents to buy you groceries when they visit you. But only if they offer…
I have several weird and unexpected crushes that my friends will never understand. I can’t even completely explain why I love these men so much, but I am oddly attracted to them for some reason. I think it’s that they are lovable, endearing, harmless guys that I can relate to. See for yourself:
Morgan from The Mindy Project
Phil from Modern Family
Andy from Parks and Rec
What are your thoughts? Do you have any weird Hollywood crushes? Let me know!