I have a lot of friends who have turned 25 and feel super old. Now I did have a minor quarter life crisis – of course – but I love 25. And here’s why…
1. I can be selfish – with my time and with my money. No kids, spouses or in-laws to take care of. Spending $50 at happy hour and stumbling home at midnight on a Wednesday? Why not!
2. I can still go to college bars. Disagree? Fine. I won’t invite you to come out with me. There are plenty of 25-year-old grad students who always go out to college bars so leave me alone to my cheap drinks and kids with fake IDs.
3. I can spend an entire Saturday catching up on TV shows because I don’t have any other commitments that aren’t bail-able.
4. I sleep fairly well. No worries about the kids running around or babies screaming or aches and pains (usually).
5. It sounds mature (spoiler: it’s not that mature). Saying I’m 25 is one of the only things I can do that makes me sound really grown up.
6. There are a lot of really fun blog posts all over the internet about 20-somethings. Gotta love reading about myself. I’m so scared to hit 30. There aren’t any fun blog posts about 30-somethings…
7. It may not be ok to get crazy, embarrassingly drunk, but, when you do, you can hide really easily. You don’t have a ton of roommates or live in the dorms AND you don’t have a spouse and kids running around to take care of all day. You can just turn off all the lights and watch TV while trying to forget you acted like a 21-year-old the previous night.
8. You don’t have kids yet – blah. scary. gross – but 25 is old enough to have at least one friend with a baby for you to play with.
9. Friends are getting married = Bachelorette parties are awesome.
10. It’s still – kind of – socially acceptable for your parents to buy you groceries when they visit you. But only if they offer…