It’s time for Happy Hour, Baby!
Are you new to blogging, and do you want step-by-step guidance on how to publish and grow your blog? Learn more about our new Blogging for Beginners course and get 50% off through December 10th.
WordPress.com is excited to announce our newest offering: a course just for beginning bloggers where you’ll learn everything you need to know about blogging from the most trusted experts in the industry. We have helped millions of blogs get up and running, we know what works, and we want you to to know everything we know. This course provides all the fundamental skills and inspiration you need to get your blog started, an interactive community forum, and content updated annually.
Favorite Pairing: Pizza & Champagne
To celebrate Thirsty Thursday, we decided to make one of our favorite meals – Veggie Pizza paired with Dancing Bull Red Zin. Looks delicious! Want to make it? Don’t worry, we’ll tell you how…
- Green Peppers
- Red Peppers
- Yellow Zucchini
- Parm Cheese
- Garlic Salt, Pepper, Basil and whatever else is in your spice drawer
- Pre-made pizza crust. Love Boboli!
Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees. Use a pizza pan and spray it with pam.
Super easy: Slice up the peppers, zucchini and onions and grill in a pan on the stove. Once they’re tender and cooked like you like ’em, spread them out on the pizza crust. Put sliced up tomatoes, parm cheese and seasonings over the pepper mixture. Then just pop it into the oven for about 12-16 minutes.
Serve with your favorite wine. One of ours happens to be Dancing Bull Zinfandel.
If you want to turn this pairing into the perfect threesome, add a couple episodes of Millionaire Matchmaker for good measure.
Wine and cheese, chips and dip, Britney and Justin – these things obviously go hand-in-hand. Pairings are a beautiful thing, especially when they are food-related. So why not write a post about them? Below is a list of some famous pairings everyone loves, along with some not-so-typical, but equally enjoyable, pairings we can’t live without (and that you should definitely try).
Peanut Butter & Jelly
The classic American brown-bag lunch.
Brad & Jen
Until that bitch Angelina ruined our lives.
St Patrick’s Day & Green Beer
March wouldn’t be the same without it.
Cereal & Milk
Only the best breakfast, lunch, dinner and afternoon snack of all time.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate
Actually, peanut butter and anything.
Cory and Topanga
The model couple of our generation.
Pizza & Champagne
My two favorite things. How can you go wrong?
Goldfish Crackers & Spaghettio’s
Try it. Then you’ll understand.
Vodka & Diet Coke
Caitlynn & Tyler
Teen Mom’s only couple you want to root for.
Tequila & Goldschläger
It’s called a conquistador and it changes lives.
Pearl Harbor & Tears
Watching this always brings me to tears because it reminds me of my over-hormonal teen years, unconditional love for Josh Hartnett and Ben Affleck and how someday I’ll grow up to be Kate Beckinsale. Oh yeah, and that whole war thing.
What are some of your favorite pairings? I’m always looking for new and exciting things in my life, so please share!
1. Keep your tweezers in the car and pluck in the parking lot, or when safely stopped at a stoplight. Ever looked at your eyebrows in the rear-view mirror – EEK! Save time in the morning by plucking in the car on the way to work. Plus, the natural light helps so you don’t miss some of those pesky strays.
2. Use L’Oreal BB Cream. It is a moisturizer (with SPF), primer and foundation all rolled into one. You can apply it same as you would moisturizer and it evens out your skin tone almost perfectly. Set it with a little powder and you’re done. Best part? It lasts all day, even with oily skin!
3. Dry shampoo could save your life. Or use baby powder if you’re cheap like me. Sprinkle a little bit in your hair, tease it with a comb and you may fool some people into thinking you actually showered.
4. If you have a gross zit, try tooth paste overnight. It works (sometimes).
5. If you’re running late in the morning, bloated or hungover and just want to wear a t-shirt and jeans to work, throw on a cute scarf, earrings and nice flats. It’ll make you look like you actually tried.
6. If you don’t have time to shower, pin back those bangs. I’ve gotten compliment before while wearing my hair like this – like people actually think that’s what I wanted to do to my hair…
7. Pre-game heavily before you go out at night. I find that getting ready while buzzed gives you a steady hand to apply eyeliner and leads to overconfidence. Super easy to do your hair and make-up if you already think you look good.
Note: If this ends up having the opposite effect and you cry because you hate everything in your closet as well as your face – just go to bed and do NOT leave the house. I promise you won’t regret it.
My middle name isn’t “I-Love-This-Song” for no reason. When I like something – I get really passionate, mildly-obsessive over it. So I’ve decided to start a series of posts dedicated solely to the many things I hold near and dear to my heart.
Here’s a list of some of today’s obsessions:
1. Vodka Diet Coke with Lime: Obviously.
2. Taco Dip: I’ve made this half a dozen times in the past couple months for football games, Christmas Eve and any other occasion that encourages people to eat ridiculously large amounts of food.
Super easy to make. All you need to do is mix 8 oz. of cream cheese, 8 oz. of sour cream and one pack of taco seasoning. Then spread that on a large plate and cover with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, green onions and cheese. Serve with a margarita.
3. SOCK BUNS: Best way to avoid showering in the morning when you’re feeling lazy and need to look nice.
4. Criminal Minds: Derek Morgan, duh.
5. Group Texts: …Because then I’m not the only one judging when I get a text like this on a Sunday afternoon. Looking at you Rachel…
What are your obsessions this week?
After months of talk we’re finally doing it. Starting a blog. Channeling our inner Carrie Bradshaw, minus the whole sex column thing and expensive clothes. And this is serious, not just a “We’re gonna start a blog so the entire world can see how hilarious and insightful we are” blog and then stop three months into it. This is more of a “We’re gonna start a blog so the entire world can see how hilarious and insightful we are” blog and then actually keep up with it. Mostly because we invested $30 to get this domain name, so at least for the next year we’ll keep up with it …
Buckle up, folks. This is really happening.