3. Comfort Food: Chilli. Soup. Pasta.
4. Fun Accessories: Boots & Scarves
5. Pumpkin-Flavored Deliciousness
6. Changing Leaves
7. 13 Nights of Halloween on ABC Family
8. Carving Pumpkins
9. Candy Corn
10. Season Premiers: Scandal, New Girl, Mindy Project, The Voice, Castle and More!
12. Fresh Air & Open Windows: No More Air Conditioning
13. Smells: Cinnamon & Vanilla
14. Hot drinks
15. Jumping into piles of leaves
Vodka is clearly my drink of choice. However – during my recent 10 day drinking bender – I drank out of my comfort zone, enjoying beergaritas, Irish Coffees and a number of different wines. Here are some of my favorite new recipes that – gasp!! – don’t include vodka:
Beergaritas – Since I was too busy binge drinking this weekend to actually write a post leading up to Cinco De Mayo, a post-Cinco De Mayo post highlighting my favorite drink of the evening will have to suffice. To make this delicious concoction you mix:
- 1 can of Limeade (we found it at Target)
- 1 can of Sprite Zero
- 1 can of tequila
- 1 light beer
Sounds weird, but it’s super delicious. This will definitely be a must-have drink this summer
Irish Coffees – Not a huge fan of drinking coffee black or of whiskey, but the two together make a yummy drink.
- Hot Coffee
- 1 shot of Irish Whiskey
- A cube of sugar
- Topped with thick whipped cream
I only wish I could drink these coffees every morning…
WINE – I love wine. I’ve gotten a new appreciation for it, although I’m still really cheap, so you have to balance taste with cost. Three of my favorites:
- Dancing Bull Red Zinfandel
- Yellow Tail Sweet Red
- Grgich Cabernet Sauvignon
The Grgich is a little more pricey, but it was really good!
It feels wrong to even talk about another liquor besides vodka on our blog, but what’s your fave non-vodka drink?