Vodka is clearly my drink of choice. However – during my recent 10 day drinking bender – I drank out of my comfort zone, enjoying beergaritas, Irish Coffees and a number of different wines. Here are some of my favorite new recipes that – gasp!! – don’t include vodka:
Beergaritas – Since I was too busy binge drinking this weekend to actually write a post leading up to Cinco De Mayo, a post-Cinco De Mayo post highlighting my favorite drink of the evening will have to suffice. To make this delicious concoction you mix:
- 1 can of Limeade (we found it at Target)
- 1 can of Sprite Zero
- 1 can of tequila
- 1 light beer
Sounds weird, but it’s super delicious. This will definitely be a must-have drink this summer
Irish Coffees – Not a huge fan of drinking coffee black or of whiskey, but the two together make a yummy drink.
- Hot Coffee
- 1 shot of Irish Whiskey
- A cube of sugar
- Topped with thick whipped cream
I only wish I could drink these coffees every morning…
WINE – I love wine. I’ve gotten a new appreciation for it, although I’m still really cheap, so you have to balance taste with cost. Three of my favorites:
- Dancing Bull Red Zinfandel
- Yellow Tail Sweet Red
- Grgich Cabernet Sauvignon
The Grgich is a little more pricey, but it was really good!
It feels wrong to even talk about another liquor besides vodka on our blog, but what’s your fave non-vodka drink?
The ACM Awards are this Sunday evening at 7:00 p.m. Nothing goes as well together as drinking and country music, so get your booze ready, put on those cowboy boots and play this game on Sunday night.
…Also be prepared to call in sick on Monday morning…
If you’re skeptical about spending an evening watching country, take a look at the hosts – the manly, hot hot hot Blake Shelton and sexy, sexy Luke Bryan.
Now that I’ve given you a good enough reason to watch the action, here are the rules…
Drink every time:
- Blake Shelton talks about The Voice
- Blake/Luke take a dig at Carrie Underwood/Brad Paisley
- Someone talks about drinking
- Luke/Blake make fun of someone in the audience
- Someone performs in a cowboy hat
- There’s a great view of Luke Bryan’s ass
- It’s obvious that someone is giving a speech drunk
- The camera pans to an unimpressed T. Swizzle
- Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert look adorable together
- Hunter Hayes reminds you of a country Justin Bieber
- If you’ve never heard one of the songs being performed
Hard Liquor Rules:
- If Miranda Lambert wins anything, take a shot of whiskey
- If Eric Church wins anything, take a jag bomb
- If Taylor Swift wins anything, chug a soda
- If Blake Shelton wins anything, take shots until you’re bombed and then start Tweeting your thoughts about life
- If Carrie Underwood wins anything, play slap the bag with a bag of wine
Finish your drink:
Just for fun, my predictions are Miranda Lambert for Female Vocalist of the Year, Blake Shelton for Male Vocalist of the Year and Taylor Swift (should be Luke Bryan…) for Entertainer of the Year.
What do you think? Not that it matters since you’ll most likely be blacked out by the time these awards start…