If you’ve never done a Pedal Pub, I highly suggest you try one. We went on one last weekend, and it was a blast.
According to their website, The PedalPub® is the Bike with the Barrel!® Their mission is to provide a fun, safe, environmentally-friendly way for groups of eight to sixteen adults to get some light exercise and fresh air while touring interesting parts of town on a big Dutch-made bike.
Our tour went around Northeast Minneapolis. I only went into Mayslack’s Bar to take shots and stayed drinking on the pedal pub at other stops.
Here are the top 6 reasons we love pedal pubbin’:
- The majority of the times available are during the day so it’s totally acceptable and expected that you’re day drunk.
- It’s a good workout. Unless you grab one of the seats without wheels for the majority of the ride (guilty), you’ll be pedaling for at least an hour while tipping back those high-cal drinks.
- All of the Pedal Pubs that we’ve been on have a CD player which means you can jam out to your own music while pedaling along. Our mix included Ke$ha, Beyonce, Spice Girls, Michael Jackson, J. Beibs, Robyn and Miley.
- Last weekend was beautiful! It was like 75 degrees and sunny all afternoon. Chilling on the pedal pub was a great way to enjoy great weather while also binge drinking!
- Who doesn’t like a bar crawl? Well this is a bar crawl minus the walking.
- It’s totally acceptable to wear comfy clothes because you’re basically working out…
There’s still time left in the summer! So schedule one. You won’t regret it.
Let’s be honest, no one really likes working out. It is called “working” for a reason. It’s not fun. Plain and simple. However, to try and make it more fun a few of us got memberships at the same gym. But here’s the thing. As struggling 20-somethings, we aren’t rolling in the dough quite yet. So we’ve opted for one of the cheapest gyms out there (which will remain nameless to protect the privacy of the people listed below).
Recently we took a class with an instructor none of us had ever heard of before. WARNING: NEVER DO THIS. Ten minutes into the class we all regretted being there. It was a circus. So I decided to create a cast list of the people we encountered during our workout class in the twilight zone.
“Mr. Love Muscle” Our instructor was a 50-year-old Richard Simmons wannabe. Not only did he make uncomfortable gestures and references throughout the hour long class, but he told us the story TWICE about “working his love muscle.” I’ll leave it at that.
“Armpit Hair Woman” Front and center was an interesting woman wearing a wife beater with longer armpit hair than Hulk Hogan. Thank god we stayed far away from her. I’m sure that would have been an interesting smell.
“Butt Crack Man” Right in front of us was a man well into his 60s who couldn’t control his BO. Not only did he smell bad, but his butt crack played peekaboo as Mr. Love Muscle made us do squats repeatedly throughout the class. Not cute.
Moral of the story, scout out your instructors and class attendees before committing to an hour with these people. If you’re not careful, you will be scarred for life. Have you encountered interesting characters at the gym? If so, please share! We’d love to hear that we aren’t the only people who judge others while working out…