If you’ve never done a Pedal Pub, I highly suggest you try one. We went on one last weekend, and it was a blast.
According to their website, The PedalPub® is the Bike with the Barrel!® Their mission is to provide a fun, safe, environmentally-friendly way for groups of eight to sixteen adults to get some light exercise and fresh air while touring interesting parts of town on a big Dutch-made bike.
Our tour went around Northeast Minneapolis. I only went into Mayslack’s Bar to take shots and stayed drinking on the pedal pub at other stops.
Here are the top 6 reasons we love pedal pubbin’:
- The majority of the times available are during the day so it’s totally acceptable and expected that you’re day drunk.
- It’s a good workout. Unless you grab one of the seats without wheels for the majority of the ride (guilty), you’ll be pedaling for at least an hour while tipping back those high-cal drinks.
- All of the Pedal Pubs that we’ve been on have a CD player which means you can jam out to your own music while pedaling along. Our mix included Ke$ha, Beyonce, Spice Girls, Michael Jackson, J. Beibs, Robyn and Miley.
- Last weekend was beautiful! It was like 75 degrees and sunny all afternoon. Chilling on the pedal pub was a great way to enjoy great weather while also binge drinking!
- Who doesn’t like a bar crawl? Well this is a bar crawl minus the walking.
- It’s totally acceptable to wear comfy clothes because you’re basically working out…
There’s still time left in the summer! So schedule one. You won’t regret it.
With Memorial Day coming up this Monday, we thought it would be appropriate to outline rules for day drinking…assuming most of our readers will be doing just that on Sunday and/or Monday.
1. Thou shalt not skip meals. You most definitely don’t want to be the first person to pass out. Eating a balanced meal before beginning to drink is key.
2. Drink water. Don’t fight it. You want to make it all day? Drink water early and often.
3. Thou shalt not visit the ATM. Set aside bar money before you start drinking. Otherwise you’ll end up regretting the unnecessary $300 withdraw the next morning.
4. Thou shalt not take shots. Unless you want to blackout, these are completely uncalled for while drinking all day.
5. Dress appropriately. Two words of advice when picking out your outfit for the day – drinking room.
6. Thou shalt not mix alcohols. If you do, it will not end well.
7. Charge thy phone. You don’t want to be stranded at the end of the night with a dead phone. Trust me.
8. Keep thy wallet/phone/money/ID on you at all times. When drinking all day, it is very easy to lose track of these items. Be sure to keep them in a clutch, purse or pocket.
9. Thou salt not take a nap. YOU WILL NEVER WAKE UP. Well at least in time to continue drinking. And if you do, you’ll be crabby and no one will want you around.
10. Thou shalt not bring additional alcohol to the bar. You will be drinking enough all day, and as much as your drunk self might disagree, it is not a good idea to go to the bathroom and take pulls from your secret stash at any point in the day.
Dear Day Drinking,
Why do you tempt me every weekend day I have no plans? Just because I don’t have something scheduled, doesn’t mean my time wouldn’t be better spent doing laundry, going grocery shopping, working out or cleaning my apartment. I could even do something fun like shopping or TV binging, but no – day drinking always wins.
The only thing worse than the guilt you come with is the eating. Why do you make me crave taco bell, pizza, McDonalds, bags of chips, popcorn, ice cream, etc.? Day drinking, I gave up pizza for Lent. Do you know what you made me do? Eat pizza.
I’m 25 years old. On Saturday mornings, my Facebook should be full of nothing. Or posts about being pregnant or getting married, but no, it’s full of evidence of you, Day Drinking. You. What self-respecting 25-year-old woman posts this on her Facebook page on a Saturday morning:
So, Day Drinking, stop being such a tease. Leave me alone – get out of my life.
Why can’t I quit you?