We love Champagne! Why? Because it’s perfect for some of our favorite celebrations: birthdays, weddings, engagement parties, promotions, bubbles, anniversaries and puttin’ on the ritz.
Here are some of our favorite champagne drinks:
- Our favorite champagne drink is the brunch classic: Mimosa! Just mix your fave champagne (we’re poor so we drink Andre) and a splash of orange juice, ratio of 1:5.
- A Bellini is the perfect summertime drink. Mix ripe peaches (or peach syrup) with champagne. Throw in some sugar for extra sweetness. I’m totally craving one of these right now…
- An easy drink that looks fancy? Champagne Punch. Just cut up your favorite fruit – strawberries, blueberries, raspberries – and throw it in the champagne. This is perfect for a fun brunch!
- This drink is based off my favorite shot – Liquid Cocaine. The champagne drink is made with 30 Ml of Vodka, 3/4 a glass of champagne and Redbull! Delicious.
- And for a non-drinkable recipe: Champagne Cake. Two of my favorite things mixed in one. You can’t go wrong. All you need is a box of super moist strawberry cake mix, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 3 egg whites and 1 1/4 cups of champagne. Mix together and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F. Add some additional champagne to your frosting for an extra special treat.
What’s your favorite champagne recipe?
Yes. This post is about tequila and not vodka, but every liquor-drinking lady loves herself some tequila on a crazy Friday night – or low-key Saturday afternoon…
Like we’ve said before, when you drink as much as we do, you have to be careful about your calorie intake. Unfortunately for us, margaritas are one of the worst drinks for you. There are a variety of different types of low-cal margs out there, but who wants to pay $20 for a tiny bottle of low-cal margs when you could just make them yourself? (Not to mention, you’ll have tequila left over for shots!)
We made our skinny margs with tequila, club soda and lime juice…
- 1 part tequila
- 2 parts club soda
- 1/3 part lime juice
This tastes just like a margarita! I was pleasantly surprised, mostly because I know tequila tastes disgusting with my old stand-by Diet Coke – yup, I’ve tried it.
Note: Turns out a whole shot of lime juice is disgusting. Don’t put a whole shot in your drink because you’ll definitely be wasting tequila.
“I LOVE TEQUILA” – Ray Ray
What girl could say “no” to a Vodka called Little Back Dress? Well, not us.
Since we had no plans this Saturday, we ventured out to the liquor store, bought some new types of vodka and decided to start a vodka review series (a.k.a. get drunk by ourselves at 5 p.m.).
Any good vodka connoisseur knows that the hardest part of trying all of the delicious, new vodkas out there is finding something equally delicious to mix with it – mixer should be low in calories because you’ll eat those later.
So we mixed the Black Cherry Vanilla Flavored Vodka with Tonic Water, and these were the notes we took on Saturday night:
“NO TONIC WATER – GROSS.
CLUB SODA – BETTER.
DIET COKE – BEST!”
Winning Mixology Combination:
- 1 part black cherry vanilla vodka
- 2 parts club soda or diet coke (stay away from Tonic Water, you guys)
*When drinking with club soda, add a frozen cherry or three if you’re feeling fancy – dual purpose: looks fancy, keeps drink cool.
After branching out and trying tonic water and club soda, we had to go back to our old favorite – Diet Coke – because the other ones were pretty bad. Go figure, it ended up being our favorite because, let’s be honest, we’ll never change.
Note: Be sure tonic water & club soda are not shaken up – will spray entire kitchen and you with water/soda if it’s shaken up.