It’s like Christmas for Vodka lovers – National Vodka Day!
Here are some ideas of how to celebrate:
1. Try out a new vodka drink, like this delicious one.
2. Get a tattoo of the word “Vodka”
3. Go to happy hour after work. Drink lots.
4. Play a fun drinking game like Ring of Fire or the iPod Game.
5. Black Out.
6. Do a taste test between different types of vodka. Be sure to try out a new kind you’ve never had before.
7. Take artsy photos of Vodka bottles, martinis and other delicious vodka drinks and post on your Instagram, Facebook, Foursquare and Twitter. Extra points if your chugging straight from the bottle in the pic.
8. Drink like a 21-year-old.
9. Order a vodka shot when you’re out tonight. Just vodka – nothing extra.
10. Stay out celebrating until at least 5 a.m.
For those of your who love everything awesome – it’s also National Taco Day!
BEST. DAY. EVER.
A combination of my sister turning 21 and the fact that it’s summer, which means it’s always time for excessive drinking, have added up to making me act like a 21-year-old one too many times in the past couple weeks. Therefore, I have mastered how to drink like a 21-year-old:
Step #1: Be sure to have a variety of different alcohols to drink throughout the night. Pick up some cider, beer and wine. Don’t worry, we’ll get to the hard stuff later…
Step #2: Chug something before going out to the bars. Chug Anything. I usually choose something inappropriate like red wine. Bonus points if it spills all over you.
Step #3: After drinking all your beer & wine, it’s obviously time to go out in public and drink hard liquor. By this time, you’ll probably be stumbling around like a complete idiot.
Step #4: Once you’re drunk and should probably stop drinking, don’t. Start buying shots. Buy them for everyone. You don’t have any money in your bank account? Who cares!
Step #5: Dance. Dance anywhere whether or not it has a dance floor. And don’t stop dancing until 2 a.m. unless it’s to take shots.
Step #6: Find something delicious to eat like Mickey D’s or T. Bell and eat WAAAAY too much of it.
Step #7: Pass out.
Ugh. What a mess.
Seriously… don’t do this.
Nothing cures a hangover like some delicious grub. Here’s our list of the best foods to cure a hangover:
- Bagels: there really isn’t anything better than carb-loading after a night of booze-loading.
- BLT and Chili (from Uptown Diner in Minneapolis): there’s nothing I crave more than a nice soup and sandwich when I’m hungover.
- Cold Pizza: the happiest feeling in the world is finding pizza in the fridge when you wake up barely able to function. Microwaving is not required.
- BBQ Kettle Chips: let’s be honest. I could put away a full bag of these while sober and not hungover.
- Pasta: With sauce. Without sauce. Cold. Warm. Doesn’t really matter. Any type of pasta will rid you of a hangover in no time. Note: the best type of pasta is creamy mac ‘n cheese.
- McDonalds Hash Browns: they could make a fortune by selling these 24 hours a day.
- Subway 6 in. Roasted Chicken Breast Sandwich on White Bread with Lettuce, Pickles, Salt and Pepper: I know it’s random, but try it. I promise you won’t be disappointed. Maybe add mayo if you like mayo? I don’t.
- Crackers: when you can’t stomach any real food, chose plain crackers.
- Bloody Mary: could be considered food depending on where you order it. The more extras the better.
Agree? Disagree? What do you snack on when you need to cure a hangover real fast?
1. My Pride: Buying a small, juice box-shaped box of wine and bringing it into Whole Foods while I eat my pay-by-weight salad bar is not above me.
2. Mascara: My eye lashes may be a bit less bold for a few days, but it’s worth it to grab a vodka drink after a long day at work.
3. Exercise: This goes without saying. I can’t even count the amount of times I’ve chosen happy hour before a good workout. It’s BS when people saying they’re in better shape in the summer than winter. People who chose hitting the gym or going for a run instead of drinking outside for 5 hours after work have more will power than I do.
4. My Health: Have you ever been like almost-sick and you know that all you need it one night of good sleep and you’ll be healthy? But you totally ignore this and go drink anyways because your best friends are going to be going out without you and you don’t want to miss being in all the fun instagram pics and getting badges for checking-in together 10 times in one night…
5. Groceries: Don’t have enough money to buy groceries, but of course I have enough money to pay for five $5 Vodka Diets on a Wednesday evening.
6. Sober Plans: Sorry we had plans to go to a movie. Someone else invited me to get drinks.
7. A Savings Account: Ek – what’s more important? Planning for the future or drinking now? Mm…
8. Sleep: Even if I have to wake up to workout, go to work, drive 4 hours or go shopping with friends, I’ll still talk myself into going out for a drink or two which always turns into 8 or 10. So what if I only get a couple hours of “sleep”?
9. My Apartment: Clothes are thrown everywhere, laundry half done, dishes piled up in the sink. And it stays this way for days at a time because – now that the weather is nice – happy hour is much more appealing than going home and cleaning.
Confession time. What have you sacrificed for a delicious alcoholic beverage?
We love Champagne! Why? Because it’s perfect for some of our favorite celebrations: birthdays, weddings, engagement parties, promotions, bubbles, anniversaries and puttin’ on the ritz.
Here are some of our favorite champagne drinks:
- Our favorite champagne drink is the brunch classic: Mimosa! Just mix your fave champagne (we’re poor so we drink Andre) and a splash of orange juice, ratio of 1:5.
- A Bellini is the perfect summertime drink. Mix ripe peaches (or peach syrup) with champagne. Throw in some sugar for extra sweetness. I’m totally craving one of these right now…
- An easy drink that looks fancy? Champagne Punch. Just cut up your favorite fruit – strawberries, blueberries, raspberries – and throw it in the champagne. This is perfect for a fun brunch!
- This drink is based off my favorite shot – Liquid Cocaine. The champagne drink is made with 30 Ml of Vodka, 3/4 a glass of champagne and Redbull! Delicious.
- And for a non-drinkable recipe: Champagne Cake. Two of my favorite things mixed in one. You can’t go wrong. All you need is a box of super moist strawberry cake mix, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 3 egg whites and 1 1/4 cups of champagne. Mix together and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F. Add some additional champagne to your frosting for an extra special treat.
What’s your favorite champagne recipe?