With Memorial Day coming up this Monday, we thought it would be appropriate to outline rules for day drinking…assuming most of our readers will be doing just that on Sunday and/or Monday.
1. Thou shalt not skip meals. You most definitely don’t want to be the first person to pass out. Eating a balanced meal before beginning to drink is key.
2. Drink water. Don’t fight it. You want to make it all day? Drink water early and often.
3. Thou shalt not visit the ATM. Set aside bar money before you start drinking. Otherwise you’ll end up regretting the unnecessary $300 withdraw the next morning.
4. Thou shalt not take shots. Unless you want to blackout, these are completely uncalled for while drinking all day.
5. Dress appropriately. Two words of advice when picking out your outfit for the day – drinking room.
6. Thou shalt not mix alcohols. If you do, it will not end well.
7. Charge thy phone. You don’t want to be stranded at the end of the night with a dead phone. Trust me.
8. Keep thy wallet/phone/money/ID on you at all times. When drinking all day, it is very easy to lose track of these items. Be sure to keep them in a clutch, purse or pocket.
9. Thou salt not take a nap. YOU WILL NEVER WAKE UP. Well at least in time to continue drinking. And if you do, you’ll be crabby and no one will want you around.
10. Thou shalt not bring additional alcohol to the bar. You will be drinking enough all day, and as much as your drunk self might disagree, it is not a good idea to go to the bathroom and take pulls from your secret stash at any point in the day.