I know, I know. I am not Pretty Little Liars’ target demographic. I am a “mature, 25-year-old woman,” which means I should have graduated from ABC Family to PBS or the BBC or something… but, ABC Family, I can’t quit you.
However, I do have a few complaints about the latest PLL episodes…
Spoiler Alert! Don’t read on unless you’ve watched the latest episode.
1. Spencer is annoying. Just tell the girls that Toby is helping A – please! Every episode preview has made it seem like she was going to tell the girls during the next week, but she doesn’t. I can’t deal with pathetic Spencer.
2. Hannah’s mom is stupid. Please go turn yourself in for hitting Wilden – a cop – with your car. Don’t just got pick up your high school-aged daughter and bring her to the crime scene. Go to the police station. Duh.
3. Aria needs to end it with Fitz. Mama Fitz comes back on Monday and tries to ruin things again, but actually makes sense. Does Aria really think that Fitz will have time for her now that he has a son? And, p.s., she’s still in high school.
4. Hellooooo – the girl in the red coat looks exactly like CeCe, but – yes – let’s have our first guess be that it’s your dead friend Alison. The girl could also totally be Melissa in a wig and red coat.
5. Wren should probably go away. He was engaged to Melissa, made out with Spencer – Melissa’s sister, made out with Hanna and is now back with Spencer? Go away, Wren. Even though he’s super cute.
Will I stop watching PLL? Of course not. Just need a good vent!
Time for another installment of Sarah’s favorite things…
Crock Pots: There are so many delicious things that can be made in a crock pot. Throw chicken in before work with some salsa, tomatoes and peppers, and you have chicken tacos when you get home from work. Or take a pork loin and add some barbecue sauce, and pulled pork sandwiches are ready as soon as you step in the door. Also, how good does your apartment/house smells after having the crock pot going all day!
T.V.: TV is so good right now, you guys.
Some of my favorites are Carrie Dairies, Pretty Little Liars, Modern Family, Lying Game, Criminal Minds, Nashville, Revenge, The Mindy Project, Scandal and New Girl.
That doesn’t even include the shows I want to start from episode 1: Parenthood, Parks & Rec, Girls, Homeland and Mad Men.
Someone get me a life. Fast.
Brunch: There’s really nothing better than brunch. Here’s a list of my top 4 brunch spots in Uptown Minneapolis –
- Uptown Diner: If you don’t care about missing out on Bloody Marys or Screw Drivers, this is definitely the place to be. My favorites include the Caprese Benedict or Gyro Omelet.
- Lyndale Tap House: Free mimosa with any breakfast!
- Gigi’s Cafe: The outdoor seating is the perfect atmosphere for summer brunch. Try the iced tea with quiche or a breakfast sandwich.
- Bar Abeline: I feel like I can’t even really call it one of my favorites because I’ve only gone twice, but they have $3 bottomless mimosas from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.!
Websites like #myfriendsaremarried, #howdoiputthisgently, #whatshouldwecallme: If you haven’t heard of these before, you’ve been living under a rock. Check them out.
ZZ Ward: I love her. Her music is amazing, and I can’t stop listening to it.
Vodka: That’s right. I still love Vodka. Try this recipe we shared last week.