He Coordinates the Best Reunions
I’m sure by now most of you have heard the amazing news that on Friday, Jimmy Fallon is resurrecting one of the best bands from our youth – Jesse and the Rippers from Full House. In addition to that amazing feat, a few years ago he reunited another classic band from the mid 90s – California Dreams. And it doesn’t stop there. In one of his most overwhelming undertakings, Jimmy Fallon attempted to reunite one of the best casts ever – Saved By The Bell. While he didn’t quite succeed, he did entertain millennials with getting the one and only Zack Morris as a guest star, reminding us of the best moments and characters of the series:
His Adorable Bromance with Justin Timberlake
Not only do Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake have the best comedic timing and chemistry when performing together*, but they are legit friends. That warms my heart. Remember when JT married Jessica Biel and broke millions of hearts? Well Jimmy was there (which first of all is adorable) and Justin claims Fallon heckled him during his wedding speech. Awwwww!
*Want proof of the amazing J+J duo? Real People, Fake Arms; Summer Camp; History of Rap; and many many more I won’t list here right now. Google it if you are interested.
Dude Can Sing
Some of Jimmy’s best skits are of him performing musically. To be honest, the ones that I find the most entertaining are when he doesn’t use words at all. Case and point: The Chickeneers and his lip sync battle with John Krasinski. But hands down, his all time best musical performance goes to:
He Breaks Character During Improv
I know, a lot of people can’t stand him and criticize him harshly for this very reason, but I find it endearing and hilarious. He finds himself and those around him amusing, so you can’t blame him for wanting to laugh during a skit once and a while. This characteristic has become his trademark so much so that his name is in the Wikipedia entry for “Breaking Character.” Maybe it’s just because I’m one of those people who laughs at my own jokes, but I love Jimmy Fallon for this.
Will & Grace is the best when it comes to the show’s celebrity guest star appearances. During its eight seasons there were countless times when famous people would show up and play hilarious one-time characters, or even better yet, themselves. Don’t believe me? Check out this enormous list on Wikipedia.
Since there’s nothing I love more than a good cameo, I picked out the top 8 Will & Grace guest spots. What are some of your favorites?
1. Matt Damon: Owen, Jack’s heterosexual rival, pretending to be gay to get a spot in the Manhattan Gay Men’s Chorus.
2. Kevin Bacon: Himself
3. Luke Perry: Aaron, a “hot gay nerd” bird-watcher on whom Jack develops a crush.
4. Britney Spears: Amber Louise, a conservative Christian and a “hardcore lesbian” as she describes herself, and a co-host to Jack on his talk show.
5. Ellen DeGeneres: Sister Louise, a nun to whom Will sells Grace’s uncle’s old car.
6. Neil Patrick Harris: Bill, the leader of a group of so-called “former” lesbians and gays.
7. Madonna: Liz, Karen’s room-mate.
8. Demi Moore: Sissy, Jack’s former babysitter.
I know, I know. I am not Pretty Little Liars’ target demographic. I am a “mature, 25-year-old woman,” which means I should have graduated from ABC Family to PBS or the BBC or something… but, ABC Family, I can’t quit you.
However, I do have a few complaints about the latest PLL episodes…
Spoiler Alert! Don’t read on unless you’ve watched the latest episode.
1. Spencer is annoying. Just tell the girls that Toby is helping A – please! Every episode preview has made it seem like she was going to tell the girls during the next week, but she doesn’t. I can’t deal with pathetic Spencer.
2. Hannah’s mom is stupid. Please go turn yourself in for hitting Wilden – a cop – with your car. Don’t just got pick up your high school-aged daughter and bring her to the crime scene. Go to the police station. Duh.
3. Aria needs to end it with Fitz. Mama Fitz comes back on Monday and tries to ruin things again, but actually makes sense. Does Aria really think that Fitz will have time for her now that he has a son? And, p.s., she’s still in high school.
4. Hellooooo – the girl in the red coat looks exactly like CeCe, but – yes – let’s have our first guess be that it’s your dead friend Alison. The girl could also totally be Melissa in a wig and red coat.
5. Wren should probably go away. He was engaged to Melissa, made out with Spencer – Melissa’s sister, made out with Hanna and is now back with Spencer? Go away, Wren. Even though he’s super cute.
Will I stop watching PLL? Of course not. Just need a good vent!