Each year I seem to have one great weekend – spent mostly outdoors – that just tells me that summer is here. This year I didn’t think it would ever happen, but it finally did!
On Saturday I was in Milwaukee to see Eric Church and Kenny Chesney in concert at Miller Park. Nothing screams summer like country music, drinking outside, tailgating and baseball (stadiums).
We arrived in Milwaukee early on Saturday morning, drank a bunch ‘o Vodka at the hotel and were on our way to Miller Park for tailgating. Lucky for the three of us on the left in this photo, the child on the right is still 20 so we had ourselves a DD all evening.
Tailgating was interesting since we didn’t have a grill, chairs, tables or any actual meal-like food. So we snacked on chips & salsa, chocolate-covered pretzels, veggies & dip and popcorn. Nom Nom. We also played the iPod Game and Ring of Fire – which helped us get nice and drunk before heading into the concert.
Before heading into Miller Park for the concert, A-squared took a quick beer bong to make sure they were sufficiently wasted… They were.
The show was AMAZE-BALLS. It was so good. It was my first time seeing Eric Church, and he did not disappoint. He sang all my faves: Smoke A Little Smoke, Guys Like Me, Creepin’ and Lotta Boot Left to Fill.
I’ve seen Kenny Chesney a few times, and he’s fantastic. He puts on an awesome show – extremely entertaining. I never realize how many great songs he has until I see him in concert and know all the words to every song. He definitely could have performed for an extra hour or two.
So – after this weekend – I am able to say that it is officially SUMMERTIME.
Now go get yourself a drink and find some place nice outside to sit…
The ACM Awards are this Sunday evening at 7:00 p.m. Nothing goes as well together as drinking and country music, so get your booze ready, put on those cowboy boots and play this game on Sunday night.
…Also be prepared to call in sick on Monday morning…
If you’re skeptical about spending an evening watching country, take a look at the hosts – the manly, hot hot hot Blake Shelton and sexy, sexy Luke Bryan.
Now that I’ve given you a good enough reason to watch the action, here are the rules…
Drink every time:
- Blake Shelton talks about The Voice
- Blake/Luke take a dig at Carrie Underwood/Brad Paisley
- Someone talks about drinking
- Luke/Blake make fun of someone in the audience
- Someone performs in a cowboy hat
- There’s a great view of Luke Bryan’s ass
- It’s obvious that someone is giving a speech drunk
- The camera pans to an unimpressed T. Swizzle
- Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert look adorable together
- Hunter Hayes reminds you of a country Justin Bieber
- If you’ve never heard one of the songs being performed
Hard Liquor Rules:
- If Miranda Lambert wins anything, take a shot of whiskey
- If Eric Church wins anything, take a jag bomb
- If Taylor Swift wins anything, chug a soda
- If Blake Shelton wins anything, take shots until you’re bombed and then start Tweeting your thoughts about life
- If Carrie Underwood wins anything, play slap the bag with a bag of wine
Finish your drink:
Just for fun, my predictions are Miranda Lambert for Female Vocalist of the Year, Blake Shelton for Male Vocalist of the Year and Taylor Swift (should be Luke Bryan…) for Entertainer of the Year.
What do you think? Not that it matters since you’ll most likely be blacked out by the time these awards start…