The Michael Phelps: Weed & Water
Named after our favorite rebellious Olympian, the Weed & Water is a combination of Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vodka and water with a slice of lemon if you’re feeling fancy.
Other similar drinks to try this summer:
- The John Daly – Combination of lemonade, iced tea and bourbon or lemonade and sweet tea vodka
- Beer-Tini – Citrus vodka mixed with beer, lemonade and a splash of pineapple juice
- Strip & Go Naked – Mix 6 cans of beer with 12 oz. of vodka and 12 oz. of lemonade concentrate. It may sound weird, but it’s really good – a great party drink!
What’s your favorite summer drink?
1. Snapchat – I tried really hard not to like this app because I knew it was created so teens could send inappropriate photos to each other, but it gets addicting. I send at least a couple photos of myself making dumb faces or stupid, annoying videos every day. The worst is when I’ve been drinking. Sorry friends, but I’m obsessed.
2. Drinking outside – GUYS! It’s finally summer, which means all I want to do is drink and eat on a roof, balcony, terrace or by the pool. My fave drink to have outside: Jeremiah weed, lemonade and water. It’s delicious and summery.
3. Cold Press – Perfect for the warm, muggy weather we’ve had in the past couple weeks, nothing starts my morning off right like a delicious cold press. My fave is the one from Jackson’s in Uptown Minneapolis, but, if you’re not in the Minneapolis area, try Caribou Coffee.
4. How I Met Your Mother – Ray borrowed me season 2 of How I Met Your Mother, and I was hooked immediately. I’ve already binge watched season 2 and most of season 1 (yup – started with season 2 – heard it was better than season 1).
5. McCoy’s Public House – Everything there is awesome. I would pay $100 for a soft pretzel, turkey sandwich, margarita pizza or spinach salad from McCoy’s right now. Did I mention they have half-priced bottles of wine on Wednesdays?
Each year I seem to have one great weekend – spent mostly outdoors – that just tells me that summer is here. This year I didn’t think it would ever happen, but it finally did!
On Saturday I was in Milwaukee to see Eric Church and Kenny Chesney in concert at Miller Park. Nothing screams summer like country music, drinking outside, tailgating and baseball (stadiums).
We arrived in Milwaukee early on Saturday morning, drank a bunch ‘o Vodka at the hotel and were on our way to Miller Park for tailgating. Lucky for the three of us on the left in this photo, the child on the right is still 20 so we had ourselves a DD all evening.
Tailgating was interesting since we didn’t have a grill, chairs, tables or any actual meal-like food. So we snacked on chips & salsa, chocolate-covered pretzels, veggies & dip and popcorn. Nom Nom. We also played the iPod Game and Ring of Fire – which helped us get nice and drunk before heading into the concert.
Before heading into Miller Park for the concert, A-squared took a quick beer bong to make sure they were sufficiently wasted… They were.
The show was AMAZE-BALLS. It was so good. It was my first time seeing Eric Church, and he did not disappoint. He sang all my faves: Smoke A Little Smoke, Guys Like Me, Creepin’ and Lotta Boot Left to Fill.
I’ve seen Kenny Chesney a few times, and he’s fantastic. He puts on an awesome show – extremely entertaining. I never realize how many great songs he has until I see him in concert and know all the words to every song. He definitely could have performed for an extra hour or two.
So – after this weekend – I am able to say that it is officially SUMMERTIME.
Now go get yourself a drink and find some place nice outside to sit…
One of my favorite pastimes is making mix CDs. Yes, I know it’s totally outdated, but there is something comforting about burning a CD, writing the perfect title on it with a sharpie, putting it in the CD player and jamming out all night. I don’t mean to brag or anything, but there is a science to making a perfect mix CD, and I’ve figured it out. So I thought I’d share some of my genius with you and provide the ultimate summer 2013 mix. You will love it. Trust me.
1. “Cups” – Anna Kendrick
2. “Thinking of You” – Ke$ha
3. “Ashtrays and Heartbreaks” – Snoop Lion feat. Miley Cyrus
4. “Cruise” – Florida Georgia Line feat. Nelly
5. “Anything Could Happen” – Ellie Goulding
6. “Dancing on my Own” – Robyn
7. “Crickets” – Drop City Yacht Club feat. Jeremih
8. “Other Side” – Jason Derulo
9 “Closer” – Tegan & Sara
10. “Stompa” – Serena Ryder
11. “Blurred Lines” – Robyn Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell
12. “Come and Get It” – Selena Gomez
13. “The Way” Ariana Grande feat. Mac Miller
Days like today, it’s important to remember that summer is just around the corner. And what screams summer more than country music? Here are the top 10 country songs that will transport you to summer after a quick listen…
10. Eric Church – Drink a Little Drink
9. Luke Bryan – Drunk on You
8. Randy Houser – How Country Feels
7. Josh Turner – All Over Me
6. Billy Currington – Good Directions
5. Florida Georgia Line – Cruise
4. Zac Brown Band – Knee Deep
3. Rascal Flatts – Summer Nights
2. Kenny Chesney – Summertime
1. Little Big Town – Pontoon
*Disclaimer: This post was written by Sarah. Kait has horrible taste in music and hates country, and Ray is only slowly beginning to listen to this fantastic genre.